Welcome to CIHI's online store

Home      Franšais       Login

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed Core

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed
Language: Media Type:
Pages: 147 File Details: (PDF) 2500 KB
Date: Sep 27, 2005 Price A/B: Free
ISBN: 1-55392-655-2 Action: Download

Fewer services are channelled through physicians and hospitals, and both sectors account for decreasing percentages of total health expenditures. Total spending on health care has risen and private spending by individuals or insurers has been growing more quickly than public spending. Today, about 70% of total Canadian health expenditures comes from the public purse. The remainder (about 30%) comes from private sources. In this report, we look at trends in financing and at variations in this 70/30 split across provinces and territories.

Series

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed

Contact

NA



© 1996-2019, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). All rights reserved.

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed Core

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed
Language: Media Type:
Pages: 147 File Details: (NA) 0 KB
Date: Sep 27, 2005 Price A/B: $30/$40
ISBN: NA Action:

Fewer services are channelled through physicians and hospitals, and both sectors account for decreasing percentages of total health expenditures. Total spending on health care has risen and private spending by individuals or insurers has been growing more quickly than public spending. Today, about 70% of total Canadian health expenditures comes from the public purse. The remainder (about 30%) comes from private sources. In this report, we look at trends in financing and at variations in this 70/30 split across provinces and territories.

Series

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed

Contact

NA



© 1996-2019, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). All rights reserved.

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed Core

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed
Language: Media Type:
Pages: 147 File Details: (PDF) 6100 KB
Date: Sep 27, 2005 Price A/B: Free
ISBN: 1-55392-668-4 Action: Download

Fewer services are channelled through physicians and hospitals, and both sectors account for decreasing percentages of total health expenditures. Total spending on health care has risen and private spending by individuals or insurers has been growing more quickly than public spending. Today, about 70% of total Canadian health expenditures comes from the public purse. The remainder (about 30%) comes from private sources. In this report, we look at trends in financing and at variations in this 70/30 split across provinces and territories.

Series

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed

Contact

NA



© 1996-2019, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). All rights reserved.

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed Core

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed
Language: Media Type:
Pages: 147 File Details: (NA) 0 KB
Date: Sep 27, 2005 Price A/B: $30/$40
ISBN: NA Action:

Fewer services are channelled through physicians and hospitals, and both sectors account for decreasing percentages of total health expenditures. Total spending on health care has risen and private spending by individuals or insurers has been growing more quickly than public spending. Today, about 70% of total Canadian health expenditures comes from the public purse. The remainder (about 30%) comes from private sources. In this report, we look at trends in financing and at variations in this 70/30 split across provinces and territories.

Series

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed

Contact

NA



© 1996-2019, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). All rights reserved.

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed Core

Not Available

Language: Media Type:
Pages: N/A File Details: N/A
Date: N/A Price A/B: N/A
ISBN: N/A Action: N/A

This product is currently unavailable. Please contact the orderdesk for more information.

Series

Exploring the 70/30 Split: How Canada's Health Care System Is Financed

Contact

NA



© 1996-2019, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). All rights reserved.

FAQ

  • How do I see details for other versions of this publication?

    To view the details specific to other language or media types, change the selections in the language and media type drop-down lists.